I am Deirdre McCarthy, an experienced and highly skilled Social Worker and High-Support Foster Carer with extensive knowledge of Parenting, Trauma-Informed Care and direct work with children. In addition, I am also a home share Facilitator for adults with intellectual disabilities.
I enjoy supporting families through challenging times using my training, expertise and experience. My approach is practical, encouraging, empathic and caring. I am Solution-Focused and Person- Centred, and my practice is underpinned by a genuine attitude of kindness, understanding and support.
Additional Training includes:
- HSE Certified Facilitator in Sexual Health Promotion
- Children First Facilitator
- Children and Youth Participation
- Signs of Safety
- Direct Work with Children
- Motivational Interviewing
- Restorative Justice