Helen has a passion for empowering young children to tap into their innate wisdom and resilience, to overcome emotional challenges and trauma, and grow up to live healthy and fulfilling lives. Helen believes in a non-directive approach where each child is treated as an individual, communicating their feelings freely through play.
Much of Helens work with parents/caregivers involves increasing their understanding of their child’s inner world and making sense of their child’s behaviours. During therapy, Helen works closely with the child’s family and any key services involved in the child’s life, to ensure continuity and consistency of care and support. Helens practical and non-judgemental approach has proven to be very effective and helpful for both parents and their families.
- Theraplay – Level 1 – Attachment Based intervention for children and families – The Theraplay Institute
- Diploma in Personal and Executive Life Coaching – Irish life Coach Institute
- Creative Mindfulness for Children Practitioner – Louise Shanagher
- Mindful Parenting Coach – Louise Shanagher
- Psychometric Testing Level A & B – British Psychological Society (BSC)
Area of Interest:
Helen provides play therapy for children with a wide range of emotional and behavioural difficulties such as anxiety, bereavement, attachment issues, separation/divorce, bullying/bullied and self-esteem issues.